Saturday, February 23, 2013

Vegan Campanelle with Red Peppers, Onions, and Arugula:

I know that I've been MIA this week, but some of my family was in town for part of it (more on that later), and I was also pretty busy with school. I had to take a mock MBE (the multiple choice portion of the Bar Exam) yesterday, and that drained me a bit. Needless to say, though I should be at the beach with my friends, I'm not doing much today except laying around. I think that I may have had a little too much fun last night.

Anyways, if you need something quick and easy to make, this pasta is a great option. It takes about 20 minutes to make, and it's healthy and delicious. I added touches of thyme, cayenne, and paprika to give the recipe a little depth. I also used some olive oil and sherry wine, so this dish is definitely not lacking in flavor.

Ingredients:

1 package campanelle noodles, cooked al dente
1 1/2 cups red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 cups arugula
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons sherry wine (or other dry white cooking wine)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Dash of cayenne pepper
Dash of ground black pepper

Serves 4.
Total Cook Time: 20 minutes.

Instructions:

1. While the pasta is cooking, add the red bell pepper, onions, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to a large skillet.

2. Next, add the thyme, salt, paprika, cayenne, and black pepper. Cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, and then stir in the sherry. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes, or until tender. Add the arugula during the last 2 minutes of cooking.

3. Once the pasta is cooked, stir in the remaining olive oil and the cooked veggies. Add salt and more black pepper if necessary.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a very hectic week! I hope the mock MBE went ok. This looks like the perfect dish to recuperate with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) it did go well. I'm ahead of the curve as far as my score right now, so that's a good feeling. This pasta definitely made me feel better too.

      Delete

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...