Saturday, February 23, 2013

Vegan Campanelle with Red Peppers, Onions, and Arugula:

I know that I've been MIA this week, but some of my family was in town for part of it (more on that later), and I was also pretty busy with school. I had to take a mock MBE (the multiple choice portion of the Bar Exam) yesterday, and that drained me a bit. Needless to say, though I should be at the beach with my friends, I'm not doing much today except laying around. I think that I may have had a little too much fun last night.

Anyways, if you need something quick and easy to make, this pasta is a great option. It takes about 20 minutes to make, and it's healthy and delicious. I added touches of thyme, cayenne, and paprika to give the recipe a little depth. I also used some olive oil and sherry wine, so this dish is definitely not lacking in flavor.


1 package campanelle noodles, cooked al dente
1 1/2 cups red bell pepper, thinly sliced
2 cups arugula
1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
2 tablespoons sherry wine (or other dry white cooking wine)
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
1/4 teaspoon paprika
Dash of cayenne pepper
Dash of ground black pepper

Serves 4.
Total Cook Time: 20 minutes.


1. While the pasta is cooking, add the red bell pepper, onions, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to a large skillet.

2. Next, add the thyme, salt, paprika, cayenne, and black pepper. Cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, and then stir in the sherry. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes, or until tender. Add the arugula during the last 2 minutes of cooking.

3. Once the pasta is cooked, stir in the remaining olive oil and the cooked veggies. Add salt and more black pepper if necessary.


  1. It sounds like a very hectic week! I hope the mock MBE went ok. This looks like the perfect dish to recuperate with :)

    1. Thanks :) it did go well. I'm ahead of the curve as far as my score right now, so that's a good feeling. This pasta definitely made me feel better too.


Leave some's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...