Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Vegan Mofo Day 3: 30 Minute Potato and Vegetable Skillet:


The past few days have been super busy. As a result, I've found myself caught up in a whirlwind of crazy: papers are coming due and graduation is coming up (which only means that I have to turn in tons of annoying forms and finish all of those things that I've been procrastinating on since 1L year). Not to mention presentations, work, traveling, and this blog. I actually like being this busy, it's just that it's all happening way too quickly, but the good thing is that I'm going home tomorrow!  And yes, that means that I will be in Ohio in less than 24 hours. But no, I have not packed yet. ☮ ✈ ❤

Getting to the real reason for this post..this recipe is so quick and easy, and you can pretty much add any veggies that you have in the fridge. I got home from work at 6:15, and this was done by 6:45. Make this a one-skillet meal by adding tofu, tempeh, or beans (chick peas or white beans would be perfect!) ❤

Ingredients:

2 cups redskin potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup brussels sprouts, halved
3/4 cup lima beans
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup corn (optional, I didn't use any because I didn't have any)
1 yellow onion, sliced or diced
1/2 cup cauliflower, cut into small florets
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. water
1 tsp. olive oil
Dash of salt
Black pepper (optional)

Instructions:

1. Preheat over to 500 degrees. Chop the veggies while the oven is preheating.

2. Add all of the veggies into the skillet, add the 2 tbsp. water, oil, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp. of the soy sauce.

3. Bake until tender and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so. Add the remaining soy sauce the first time you stir it.

4. Serve over a bed of rice or polenta, or with grilled tofu and Texas toast.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...