Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Green Smoothie and Other Accomplishments:

Well, I just want you all to know how very flattered I am that I won as a runner up in the Vegan MoFo Chopped Challenge...not too bad for my first cooking contest!  I'm even more flattered to have captured Isa's "tart." (I won the "Captured My Tart Award"). ❤

I can't wait to get my prize! (The "Appetite For Reduction" Cookbook, signed by Isa Chandra Moskowitz!) ❤ Read more about it at Vegan MoFo. I would also like to congratulate the legendary Post Punk Kitchen and Isa on their 10th anniversary!

I figured I'd keep it simple with a quick smoothie recipe today. Because I'm awful at remembering to eat fruit when I have it, I usually end up throwing it in a smoothie. I've had plums in the fridge for over a month (I don't know how they didn't go bad). Anyways, I  decided to freeze them so that I cold use them in  smoothies. ❤

Ingredients:

2  frozen plums, seeded and chopped into a few chunks (let them thaw a little before cutting)
1 cup coconut milk
1 cup kale
2 tsp. lemon juice

Instructions:

Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth, adding more coconut milk as necessary to thin the mixture out.
 
Other Noteworthy Competitors in the Chopped Challenge Included:
Fall In Your Face Sticky Buns (Yum!!!)
Popcorn Crusted Polenta Stacks with Barbecue-Glazed Squash & Cashew Cream (Polenta?! Yes Please!)
Sweet vs. Savory Crepe Showdown
Popcorn, Apricot, and Rosemary Biscuit Cups with Butternut Squash Creme Brulee (Butternut Squash Creme Brulee = Genius)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...