Monday, October 15, 2012

Kale, Bell Pepper, Grape Tomato, and Radish Veggie Bowls:

I've spent most of today reading, writing, and cleaning. (Three things that I actually love to do when I don't have a deadline). Unfortunately for me, I have a few important deadlines coming up, but I'll be done with two of my classes in almost a month! I did take a quick lunch break, and this is what I threw together. It's so easy and nutritious too. I used tzatziki that was leftover from the falafel that I made last week because it's really delicious, but you can use any other dressing. A berry or balsamic vinaigrette would suit this dish as well.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups rice, cooked
1 package grape tomatoes, halved
1 to 2 yellow bell peppers, finely diced
1 1/2 cups kale (just rip it into smaller pieces)
3/4 cup radishes, sliced
3 tbsp. vegan tzatziki (recipe below)

Serves 2.

Instructions:

1. Take the 1 cup of kale and and "massage" it in your hands until the heat from your hands has wilted it a little. It should take about a minute (I know this is weird, but it makes it softer which goes better with this dish). If you feel weird about "massaging" your kale, feel free to skip this step. (Haha).

2. Combine all of your ingredients (minus the tzatziki) in a medium bowl. Serve with the tzatziki on the side.

Tzatziki: (makes 1 heaping jar)

1 package silken tofu (soft)
1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
1 cup cucumber, sliced
2 tsp. agave or 1 tsp. maple syrup (to taste, more or less depending on how sweet you want it)
Dash on parsley
Dash of cayenne pepper
Pinch of black pepper
Garlic Salt

Instructions:

Add the unsweetened almond milk, silken tofu, cucumber, agave nectar/maple syrup, parsley, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt to your food processor. Process until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add any other seasonings or sweeteners as desired.

 PS: I will be posting an interesting "cheese" post at some point this week. It was like the vegan cheese gods were speaking to me when I came up with it. Anyways, it's almost time for class....boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...