Monday, October 1, 2012

Health Benefits of Going Vegan:

Taking a quick break from school stuff...I figured I'd start Vegan MoFo appropriately with a short summary of some of the health benefits that I've experienced since cutting animal products out of my life.

However, please note that there are many other benefits of going vegan. By going vegan, not only do you promote your own health and well-being, but you also promote the health and well-being of the Earth, of the animals, and of the children who are starving in third-world countries. (More on this later).

Little Sis & I

Here are some of the positive impacts that I've experienced since going vegan:

No More Anxiety: There was a time in my life where I suffered from crippling anxiety. I couldn’t sleep at night, I couldn’t get out of bed in the morning, I had a public freak out or two, I got awful grades, my eyes would twitch, my stomach would turn, and I would lash out at the people that I care about the most for no reason. Today, that’s not the case. I have friends who tell me that they would like to see me freak out and others who have told me that they know that I won’t get flustered while studying for the Bar Exam because I’m always “chill.” (I don't know about all this!) However, I'm not claiming that it made me perfect, and I admit that I still get a little moody when I’m thrown off balance (don’t eat the right foods/ don’t get enough rest). Oh, and one more thing...I can concentrate! It's amazing.

No More Acne/ Rashes: A lot of people take good skin for granted. For me, it’s always been (or at least used to be) a struggle. Fortunately for me, giving up dairy was all that I needed to get rid of all of that. These days, I don’t even have to wash my face at night if I don’t feel like it (but of course I still do!)

Weight Loss: There was definitely a time in my life where I struggled with weight issues. My problem was that it crept up so quickly that I didn’t even realize it until it was too late. The PCOS didn't help. Anyways, I’ve lost at least 15 pounds, probably more. All I know is that my clothes fit better, I'm more comfortable, and I have so much more energy.

No More Cravings: Here’s a benefit that I wasn’t expecting: I don’t crave anything anymore. They key here is to listen to your body: if you’ve recently overloaded on carbs, counteract that misstep by drinking green tea or by making a cleansing soup. It never fails.  

Tons of Energy: I can go an entire day without coffee and still be completely awake by the time I get home. I never crash, and I usually only need six hours of sleep.

Mitigation of Incurable Diseases: My symptoms of PCOS and Endometriosis are virtually gone. I can't remember the last time I experienced symptoms. I don't know if the symptoms were caused by the hormones that are pumped into the animals, the antibiotics used in factory farms, my allergy to dairy, or a combination of these factors. All I know is that I feel a million times better. 


One of my favorite (and most popular) vegan recipes: Smashed Redskin Potato Pizza



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...