Monday, September 17, 2012

Coconut, Mint, and Cucumber Smoothies:

Given that I hardcore tailgated for the UCF game on Saturday, I was nursing a pretty bad hangover yesterday. Anyways, I somehow made it to lunch with one of my best friends for Mexican. (I ordered vegetarian fajitas - yum). But I still wasn't feeling my best, so I decided to make a green smoothie. This made me feel so much better.

The cucumber and mint have a calming effect on the stomach, and they just taste so delicious together. I mixed in a handful of frozen berries, and added a basil leaf for a more versatile flavor. Feel free to get creative and interchange ingredients though!


Makes about 2 smoothies.
Total Cook Time: 5 to 10 minutes.

Ingredients:

1 to 1 1/2 cups ice
About 1/2 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup spinach
1 cup cucumber, sliced
Handful or two of fresh or frozen berries
1 tbsp. ground flax (optional, but healthy!)
2 or 3 mint leaves
1 basil leaf
1 tsp. lemon juice
Coconut flakes (optional)

Instructions:

1. Combine all of the ingredients besides the coconut flakes in a blender or food processor.

2. Blend until the smoothie reaches desired consistency.

3. Garnish with coconut flakes and a cucumber slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...