Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Climate Change, Student Loans, and Chick Pea Pesto Salad ♡

CHICK PEA PESTO SALAD:

I've been super busy the past couple of days. My research outline for my seminar is due tomorrow. I'm actually doing it on how the livestock industry contributes to climate change, and I have to come up with a policy to mitigate its effects. Though I've done preliminary research, I'm still nowhere near formulating a fully-informed opinion on it. I'm also working on a paper for my bankruptcy class on everyone's favorite conversation piece: student loan debt. (I'll let you know how all this turns out come Thanksgiving). More recipes to come once this outline is turned in!

Anyways, I know that I'm still sort of on a summer recipe kick...just remember that it's still 90 degrees in Florida. I will post some fall recipes as soon as it starts to get cold. Did I mention that this Chick Pea Pesto Salad is amazing? It has a piney, garlicky, Heavenly flavor. It was supposed to last me for lunch for some of the week, but I've already eaten it all. Hope you like!♡♡♡


Ingredients:

1 big can chick peas (1 lb. 13 oz.), drained and rinsed
1 package (a little over a cup?) grape tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup red onion, diced
Handful of spinach (to add more color to the pesto)
1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh basil
1/4 cup pine nuts
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 tbsp. water
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Instructions:

1. Add the chick peas, grape tomatoes, and onion to a large bowl. Set aside.

2. Add the spinach, basil, pine nuts, olive oil, balsamic, garlic, and water to your blender or food processor, blend until the mixture has formed a dressing (the garlic and pine nuts will be very fine).

3. Mix the pesto mixture in with the chick peas and veggies. Add the salt and pepper. Toss to coat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...