Saturday, June 29, 2013

Simple Vegan Tapas:

Lately I find myself in quite the predicament...I'm too spent to cook, let alone blog about it. By the time I sit down at my computer to write (lethargic and slightly depressed), it's like I can't lift my fingers. There's no words left in my head.

The same thing happens when I try to cook. "Rice takes too long....you're not having pasta for the 5th night in a row! Fatty." So I end up with some sloppily-thrown-together meal, in my messy hair and sweatpants, and I think that I may be in a rut.

But the truth is that I'm actually not in a rut at all. I'm really about to cross the finish line in this crazy marathon that I started over seven years ago. Yet, while all of these things are going on behind the scenes, I feel like I'm spinning my wheels. (Who wants to run a marathon anyway? - Side note - I'm thinking of running a half marathon!)

But, all in all, I'm sure that when the Bar is over and I'm all settled into a new home, it will be different, and I'll be able to enjoy the simple things...like the smells of garlic wafting through the kitchen and freshly-made pizza dough rising. Soon

I guess I'm really in no rush. The rest of my life is waiting for me regardless. Besides, sometimes it's nice to have a legitimate excuse to have unkempt  hair and live in sweatpants. 

So anyways, who really cares about all of that? I just want you all to know that I haven't forgotten about you!!!

Now...Vegan Tapas!

In case you didn't already know, I am absolutely in love with Spain. Everything about it: the culture, the people, the food (pero no jamon por favor!), everything. Spain has a liveliness that's unparalleled, and it's a beautiful country to spend two summers in. 

Funny thing, before I went to Spain, I absolutely hated olives. Now, if you want to cheer me up or comfort me, all you have to do is hand me some Spanish olives and some Tempranillo wine. It's such a comfort!

The cherry tomatoes don't go the best with olives, but they sure are delicious. Besides, tapas are random small plates that don't really have anything in common with each other anyways. 

Ingredients:

1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
2 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. olive oil
Dash of salt
Dash of cayenne pepper
1 1/2 cups arugula
3/4 cup Spanish olives
Baguette bread, sliced

Total Cook Time: 10 minutes. 

Instructions:

1. Add the grape tomatoes, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper to a medium skillet. Cook on medium to medium-high heat until tender and a little charred, adding more salt or lemon juice to taste.
2. Once the tomatoes are done, top the bread with the arugula and serve the tomatoes and olives on the side. Don't forget the red wine!

2 comments:

  1. Take advantage of the messy hair days :-) I say that will full knowledge that this last stage is kind of awful - I remember it well - but it's also pretty special and if you want pasta 5 nights in a row, it will probably come in handy when you come to do that half marathon training! Seriously - best of luck for the last few stages. This looks great too, and definitely not messy hair appropriate at all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I understand this is sort of off-topic however I needed to ask.

    Does managing a well-established blog such as yours take a lot of work?
    I am completely new to blogging however I do
    write in my journal on a daily basis. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my own experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or tips for brand new aspiring bloggers. Thankyou!

    My website ... company of heroes 2 generator key generator - -

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...