Friday, December 21, 2012

Vegan Arugula, Grape, and Clementine "Bruschetta":


How is everyone doing today? Is everyone ready for Christmas? I am, but I'm not. Haha. I've been slaving away on my parents' gifts, only to realize that they probably won't arrive in time for Christmas. Oh well. I think they're really going to love them once they do come in, though. All of the hard work that I've been putting in for my parents' presents has also caused me to neglect this blog a little, but they really do deserve the extra effort.

Anyways, I'm still working on baking mini cupcakes and cooking my meals for Christmas Eve. Hopefully, by some miracle, I will accomplish all of that by the time Sunday comes around, and somehow, I also plan get some more posts up.

Last night, I made Smashed Redskin Potato Pizza with this Arugula and Grape Bruschetta on the side. It was awesome. The salad is just so pretty, and it's packed with nutrients. It looks and tastes like a gourmet meal. Who would've thought that you can make this so quickly and with such little effort? This is perfect for an appetizer or side at any Christmas gathering.

I planned on toasting the slices of French bread, but opted not to. You can do whichever you feel like. It's good both ways. This salad/bruschetta would also be pretty good in a bread bowl.

Ingredients:

21/2 cups arugula
1 cup green grapes, sliced
1 cup clementines, peeled and sectioned
1/2 cup red onions, finely sliced
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 tsp. lemon juice
Dash of salt
Dash of cayenne pepper
1 loaf of French bread, sliced

Instructions:

1. Add the arugula, grapes, clementines, and onions to a large salad bowl.

2. In a smaller bowl, whisk the apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, and salt together. Add half the dressing mixture to the salad bowl. Toss to coat, adding more dressing as desired.

3. Optional: Preheat your oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with olive oil. Lay each slice of French bread out evenly on the baking sheet. Bake until toasted, about 7 minutes.

4. You can either scoop the arugula mixture over the crostini and serve it that way, or you can serve the crostini on the side of the salad bowl and allow guests to scoop it themselves. Use any extra dressing for dipping.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have been putting so much time into your parent's presents :) I am sure they'll love them irrespective of timing.

    As for me, I love the look of this dish!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...