By the way, this pizza is so quick and easy! I takes less than 15 minutes to make. You can also go the no-cook route, and just top the pita with raw kale, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes. If that's the case, this should take you less than 5 minutes. You could also add a dollop or two of cashew cheese if you have any extra in your fridge. Enjoy!
1 6-inch pita
1 cup baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
1 cup kale, sliced
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup water
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. tomato paste
1 tbsp. olive oil
A few dashes of salt
Dash of black pepper
1. Preheat your over to 375. Add 1/2 cup water to a medium saucepan and bring it to a boil.
2. Add the mushrooms and kale to a wire strainer and put the strainer over the saucepan of boiling water. Steam the mushrooms and kale until a little bit tender, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Spread the tomato paste out over the pita, and then place the garlic, mushrooms, and kale on top. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and bake until the crust is crispy, about 5 minutes.
4. Change the oven temperature to broil and broil the pizza until the veggies are done. It should take no more than 2 minutes.
5. Once you've taken the pizza out of the oven, top it with the fresh cherry tomatoes and black pepper. Drizzle with a little more oil if desired.