Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pumpkin Walnut Fudgy Brownies:


Yes, this was dinner tonight. I used my great grandma's brownie recipe for this. I just veganized it and added pumpkin! (I don't think she'd mind). I used almost a full can of pumpkin, but the texture ended up turning out a little weird, so only use about 2/3 cup. Because I added the pumpkin, I added a little more sugar in there as well. These still need a little perfecting, but I had to post them because they're still really delicious. Feel free to make substitutions, but only if you're some kind of pro-baker. Baking from scratch is hard!

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup pumpkin (canned)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut oil or vegetable  shortening (you can probably sub Earth Balance too)
1/2 cup water or almond milk
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. ground flax + 2 tbsp. water (in place of the egg)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (plus more for sprinkling on top)
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 cup Walnuts

Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350. Mix all of the ingredients (except the walnuts) in a large bowl until everything's well-blended.

2. Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan, and pour the brownie mixture in.

3. Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool, sprinkle with a little more pumpkin pie spice, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes (optional, but I like them better cold).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...