4 red peppers
1 15 oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
4 tsp.Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese, divided
1 cup of your favorite bread, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 cups water
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. salt (to taste)
Dash of black pepper
1 tbsp. olive oil
Prep: 10 minutes.
Cook: 30 minutes.
Total Cook Time: 40 minutes.
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Cut the tops off of the red peppers. Remove the seeds.
3. Add about 1/3 cup of the bread, 1/4 cup of the beans, 1 tbsp. of the onion, and 1 tsp. of the Better than Cream Cheese to the inside of each red pepper.
4. Which the water, salt, oregano, nutritional yeast, pepper, and red wine vinegar in a medium bowl.
5. Place the peppers in a baking pan, and pour some of the broth inside each pepper. Place the top of each pepper on top. If you have let over bread, place it in the pan with the peppers. Pour the remaining broth on top, and drizzle with olive oil.
6. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until cooked through.
❤ Add steamed spinach to the peppers (I originally planned on this, but completely forgot).
❤ Add whatever herbs you have: parsley, basil, even thyme would go really well with this recipe.
❤ Substitute cashew cream for Better Than Cream Cheese.
❤ Use rice or quinoa instead of the bread as stuffing.