VEGAN BURRITO BOWLS AKA PURE AWESOMENESS:
I could live off of these burrito bowls. The Chipotle Menu hanging on my fridge inspired me to make these bowls of awesomeness. If you have leftover or pre-cooked rice in your fridge, this recipe will only take you five to ten minutes to make (depending on your vegetable chopping skills). Hope you like it! ☮
Total cook time: 25 minutes (If you're cooking rice).
1 ½ cups cooked rice1 tomato, diced
1 red onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
Handful or two of spinach
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
Your choice: hot sauce, salsa, or taco sauce
A few dashes of kosher or garlic salt
Dash of black pepper
Dash of paprika or taco seasoning
1 tbsp. olive oil
1. If you haven't cooked your rice yet, cook it according to package directions. If you already have rice, heat it up.
2. While rice is cooking, chop the veggies and drain the black beans.
3. Once the rice is ready, mix in ½ tbsp. olive oil, a dash salt, and pepper. (I always like to season my rice a little).
4. Combine the diced tomato, red onion, and green pepper in a medium bowl, and add in the remaining olive oil, salt, and paprika/taco seasoning.
5. Add the ingredients to the burrito bowls: layer the rice, some black beans, the veggies, and then another layer of black beans. Add some spinach on the side, and then top with hot sauce/salsa/taco seasoning (or all three). Serve with tortilla chips.
♥ Add this to a wrap and take to school or work for a delicious lunch.
♥ Add some Avocado Cream Sauce or guacamole for even more flavor.
♥ Serve with margaritas on a Friday night (or on any night ending in "y").
♥ Make this while listening to "Call Me Maybe" on repeat. ♬♬♬