Monday, September 24, 2012

Tomato and Sweet Pepper Salad With Breaded Okra:

Tomato and Sweet Pepper Salad and Breaded Okra:


I came across this breaded okra while browsing the frozen vegetable section at Target the other day. Because I was looking for more quick and easy convenience foods, I figured I'd try it. This okra is really good, it has a little bit of a kick though.

I needed something on the side, so I threw together some diced tomatoes with onion and mini sweet peppers. It turned out delicious.☺

I also got these bowls at Target. All of this food blogging is giving me a new found appreciation of dinnerware. ❤

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups frozen breaded okra (Pictsweet Brand)
4 large Roma tomatoes, diced
1 cup yellow/orange mini sweet peppers, diced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
1 to 2 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
1/4 tsp salt(to taste)
1/4 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
Dash of oregano
Dash of black pepper
3 tbsp. canola oil, divided

Total Cook Time: 20 minutes.
Serves 4.


Instructions:

1. Preheat 2 tbsp. of the canola oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the okra, and cook on medium heat until cooked through and golden-brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. (You may want to turn it up to medium-high).

2. While the okra is cooking, chop your veggies. Combine the veggies with 1 tbsp. of oil, the salt, basil, thyme, oregano, and black pepper. Toss to coat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...