Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cucumber and Pine Nut Salad With Citrus Vinaigrette:

Raw, Gluten Free, and Vegan Cucumber and Pine Nut Salad:

Yes, I know. I'm posting a salad recipe. By now, I've made all my family and friends fully aware that I "hate" salad. I don't really hate it...it's just usually not my first (second, or third) choice when I'm deciding what to eat. Anyways, I've been reading a lot on raw food diets, and though I could never go fully raw, I'm intrigued. I figure why not include some raw meals in my life: it saves time and cooking utensils, and it's good for you! The lemon lime red wine vinaigrette dressing and the pine nuts add just the right amount of flavor. So yes, I actually loved this salad. (And just look at how pretty it is!) ❤

Ingredients:

Salad:
2 cups spinach
1 cup shredded carrots
1 small cucumber, sliced
A handful or two of pine nuts
A few fresh basil leaves

Dressing:
4 tbsp. red wine vinaigrette
1 1/2 to 2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. agave nectar 
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
Dash of cayenne pepper

Serves 2.
Total Cook Time: 10 minutes (chopping).

Instructions:

1. Add the spinach, cucumber, and carrots to a large bowl.

2. Whisk the vinaigrette, olive oil, agave nectar, lemon juice, lime juice, salt, and cayenne pepper together in a medium bowl until well-combined.

3. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat. Top with the pine nuts and basil leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...