Sunday, August 26, 2012

Welcome Back (To Me):

Well, here I am, back in Orlando.

I can't begin to explain how much fun I had this summer: it started with a road trip from Florida to Ohio, and then I spent a few weeks at home and at my cottage on Lake Erie before heading to Spain and somehow getting by on little to no sleep.


The time that I spent in Europe went by all too quickly. Those few weeks took a few good years off of my life, but they were more than worth it. I stayed in a village outside of Madrid and made trips to Barcelona, Mallorca, Prague, and Vienna, all while spending time with some of my best friends.



When I got back to the states, I celebrated our nation's independence (and my favorite holiday) with my family and a few more of my very best friends (Ann and Nikohl). Despite my recent struggles with mono, I got over my jet lag very quickly. (I credit most of this to being vegan).

The summer continued, and I was given the opportunity to see a few concerts: Eric Church, Toby Keith, John Michael Montgomery, Kenny Chesney, Tim Mcgraw, and Jake Owen. I was also very fortunate to spend most mornings in my mother's kitchen drinking coffee and carrying on with her.


The rest of the summer was spent camping, cooking, laying out on the beach, and, of course, getting into trouble.

Eventually, however, like everything else,the summer had to come to an end. I will admit that I was exhausted and just about ready to get back to Orlando and back into some sort of a routine.

So there I was, packing up my worldly possessions: a very well-traveled Puma backpack, a few bikinis, a foot-tall stack of cooking magazines, my disassembled Canon DSLR camera, and my small but growing arsenal of food blogging plates, bowls, and ramekins. I think that there were a few clothes in there as well. 

I left home with a heavy heart, saddened to leave my family, but ready to get back to school and work. The goodbyes never get any easier, but it was time to get back to my life in Orlando (which I also missed very much).

Now, here I am: back in Orlando, done with my first week of my last year of law school. I didn't think that I was going to make it, but here I am. So here's to a new year. Here's to being a 3L.♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...