Monday, January 14, 2013

Easy Vegan Banana Mango Smoothies:


Happy Monday everyone! Unfortunately, I'm busy with school stuff, but because I'm putting off reading for class, I figured that I'd take a quick break to post this recipe.

I was surprised with how well this recipe turned out. If someone bottled up sunshine and a little bit of the beach, this is how it would taste. Even though it's more of a summer smoothie, I'm sure that it will transport all of you who are stuck in the cold to a day at the beach, even if only for a brief moment. For those of us enjoying the sun and sand, consider these smoothies another perk. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, no matter where you are, one of these smoothies will surely brighten your Monday.

Ingredients:

1 banana, sliced
1 cup frozen mangoes
3/4 cup to 1 cup water (or unsweetened almond milk)
2 tsp. ground flax (optional)
 (Feel free to add a few ice cubes if you want thicker smoothies)

Total Cook Time: 5 minutes.
Makes 2 smoothies

Instructions:

Add the banana, mangoes, and the ground flax to your blender or food processor. Pour in about half of the water. Process for a minute or so, adding water as necessary to achieve desired consistency.  Garnish with orange or pineapple slices.

1 comment:

  1. There is something fantastic about banana and mango and when it's in smoothie form it is particularly good :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...