Thursday, December 6, 2012

Vegan Spinach & Artichoke Dip:


How's everyone doing? Getting excited for Christmas? I know that I am...I just have a few projects that I'm hoping to finish up before it comes. Fortunately, however, I'm done for the semester. I only have one semester left of law school! I never thought that this day would come! We went out downtown last night to celebrate, and I'm definitely looking forward to getting a little more time to relax at home with my family.

I've been wanting to make vegan spinach and artichoke dip for a long time now. I was going to use cashew cheese for this, but I didn't have any, so I used Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese instead to save time. Of course, you can use this dip on more than chips. Use it as a sauce on anything from pasta to the flat bread pizza that I have pictured below.

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups spinach
1 (15oz.) can quartered artichokes 
2/3 cup Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1 shallot, sliced 
3 to 5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1/4 tsp. salt

Instructions:

1. Add the garlic, shallots, olive oil, salt, and artichokes to a large saucepan. Saute on medium heat for about 7 minutes. Add the spinach and the 1/3 cup of water, and continue cooking until the spinach is wilted and cooked, 5 to 7 minutes.

2. Add the spinach and artichoke mixture, the Tofutti cream cheese, parsley, and lemon juice to your food processor. Process the mixture until it is smooth an creamy, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...