Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Vegan Ceviche with Edamame:


Last weekend, I was in Fort Lauderdale visiting some of the best people ever. We had a blast, I had my first Hanukkah experience, and we spent most of the weekend hanging out at the Marriott (as my friend Liza says, the Marriott is evidence that "God wants us to be happy.") I don't know much, but I know this: there's nothing better than visiting friends who you've traveled the world with, staying up all night, and laughing so hard that you can't breathe. The goodbyes are usually hard, but the fact that by the time I leave, I just want to lay in my own bed forever, makes it a lot easier to pack up.

Anyways, my friend ordered Ceviche from the Marriott for dinner one night, and it looked delicious, so I decided to veganize it. Hers was served in a coconut and looked absolutely lovely. I tried to achieve this, but I had trouble cracking my coconut, so unfortunately, my food is not nearly as pretty as hers was. However, it is delicious and refreshing.

Ingredients:

2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 cup hearts of palm. cooked and sliced
1 cup edamame, cooked and shelled
1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp. coconut milk
Juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 tsp. salt
Dash of cayenne pepper

Instructions:

Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Toss to coat. Cool in the fridge for at least an hour (longer will allow the flavors to soak in better). Serve in a coconut half (if you're able to crack one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...