Monday, December 17, 2012

Peanut Butter Protein Truffles: "Bird Food"

"If you're a bird, I'm a bird."

...Haha. Sorry. I couldn't resist posting that quote from The Notebook. Anyways, I wanted to post two recipes today, and, in the midst of finishing up with Christmas presents, visiting with my family, going to my doctor's appointment, and everything else that's currently going on in my life, I needed a quick and easy recipe.

Here you go: it has three ingredients: peanut butter, salted sunflower seeds, and dried pomegranates. Whats more, you can make these decadent delights in 5 minutes. They're perfect for everything, from breakfast to late-night snacks. They remind me of those paper towel bird feeders that we used to make in preschool. I wish I would've known how tasty these were back then! I just made a small batch, but this recipe easily doubles or triples. Keep them in the fridge for a quick snack all week long.

Ingredients:

1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup dried pomegranates, chopped
1/2 cup salted sunflower seeds, plus a little more (to keep the truffles from being sticky)

Instructions:

Mix all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Add sunflower seeds until the mixture is no longer sticky. Split the mixture up into 6 sections, and roll it into balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...