Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tomato & Barley Soup:

Super Soup! This soup is very healthy and comforting. It will warm you up on those cold Mid-Fall and Early Winter days. I hear some of you are getting snow already! I'm loving these 60 degree days, though I'm already starting to miss wearing shorts and flip flops.

Sadly, today is the last day of Vegan MoFo. I'm still working on getting my 31 posts. Hopefully I'll have time to get the rest up tonight. (I've had a few set backs the past few days, and school is not helping).

On a related note, HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Unfortunately I won't be trick or treating or going out tonight, but I will be busy vegging out after I'm done with my school work/work work and such.

Ingredients:

1 can diced tomatoes + 2 cans water
1 1/2 cups kale, rinsed and ripped into small pieces
1/2 cup uncooked barley
1 yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. canola oil
1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. Lawry's Seasoned Salt (optional)
Dash of paprika
Dash of black pepper

Instructions:

1. Add the diced onions, oil, and garlic to a large pot. Cook on medium to medium high heat until softened, about 10 minutes.

2. Stir in the tomatoes, 2 cans of water, red wine vinegar, salt, seasoned salt, paprika, and black pepper. Bring to a boil.

3. Once the soup is boiling, reduce heat to medium, and continue cooking for another 12 minutes.

4. After 12 minutes, stir in the barley and kale. Continue cooking on medium heat for another 12 to 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...