Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Cannellini Beans and Broccoli:

CANNELLINI BEANS, BROCCOLI, RED PEPPER, AND ONIONS:


This side dish is delicious, and it only takes 10 minutes to make. I only used Bragg's Liquid Aminos for dressing (it doesn't need anything else), but feel free to experiment with different dressings and seasoning.

Unfortunately, this incredibly awesome summer has to come to an end. I have just a few more days in paradise (my hometown) until I have to head back to sunny Florida and enter the real world again. I have definitely succeeded in avoiding real life this summer. Still, it has enabled me to realize what's really important in life, and that's family and friends. I'm going to miss my family A TON, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

I promise that, no matter how busy I get, I will continue to post on here (probably more frequently - weeknights in law school can get pretty lonely).
Ingredients:

2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
3/4 cup small broccoli florets
1 red pepper, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
1 to 2 tsp Bragg's liquid aminos or soy sauce
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp garlic salt or coarse salt
A few dashes of black pepper

Serves 4.
Total cook time: 10 minutes.

Instructions:

1. Heat the olive oil over high heat in a medium saucepan. Add the broccoli, red pepper, onion, and garlic. Add the liquid aminos or soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Cook on high heat until cooked through and a little tender, but still crunchy.

2. Pour the drained beans into a medium bowl, add the cooked veggie mixture. Add more soy, liquid aminos, or Italian dressing if desired.


Bragg's Liquid Aminos is a soy sauce alternative that's gluten free. I think that it tastes a little different from soy sauce, but in a good way. It's not as salty-tasting. I found it in the grocery sauce in the same aisle as the barbecue sauce and other condiments, but you can also find it in health food stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...