GRILLED ASPARAGUS AND CHERRY TOMATOES IN BALSAMIC GLAZE:
2 bunches of asparagus8 cloves of garlic, chopped
2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup olives (any kind - optional)
1/2 to 1/4 cup pine nuts or sesame seeds (optional)
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. lemon juice
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
Dash of thyme
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar + 2 tsp. olive oil + salt, cayenne, oregano, etc.
Serves 4 to 6.Total cook time: 20 minutes.
1. Preheat the grill.
2. While the grill is preheating, add the balsamic, 2 tsp. olive oil, and seasonings to a small saucepan. Cook on medium heat until it thickens, whisking frequently.
3. Add the remaining ingredients (minus pine nuts/ sesame seeds) to a large bowl and stir so that the asparagus is fully coated with the oil and seasonings.
3. Cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and pour the veggies out on it, so that they are all laying flat.
4. Place the foil with veggies on the grill and cook on medium-high to high heat until tender and a little charred, about 12 to 15 minutes.
5. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze. Top with pine nuts or sesame seeds.