Thursday, May 17, 2012

Teryaki Zucchini and Eggplant:

Teryaki Zucchini and  Eggplant:


I made these veggies as a side on Mother's Day. My biggest issue with cooking summer squash is trying to char them a little without them getting soggy, so I cooked them on high heat for about 6 minutes. I didn't think anyone in my family would eat these, but they were gone the minute I put them on the table.

Ingredients:

1 zucchini, sliced
1 medium eggplant, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/3 cup teryaki sauce
1 tsp. olive oil
Salt, to taste
Dash of black pepper

Instructions:

1. Heat oil in a large pan. Add garlic and saute briefly. Add zucchini, eggplant, teryaki, salt, and pepper.

2. Saute on high heat 6 minutes or until desired tenderness. You may have to cook these in 2 batches (mine barely fit into the huge pan that I used).









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love...it's always appreciated! ♡♡♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...